Update January 2020: Best wish for the new year and new decade! We still need ongoing support- Please contact the office for more info- we look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note we prefer not use photo's of the children to protect their privacy*
Mohau Child and Youth Care Centre provides care and support to orphaned, abused, abandoned, neglected and terminally ill children and their families who are infected/ affected by HIV/AIDS. Mohau Centre provides temporary or permanent residential care and community based social services to the children and families. Children are placed at the centre through court order.
The Centre's main facility is on the ground of Kalafong Hospital in Pretoria West, and a satellite home is located in Kilner Park.
Mohau Child and Youth Care Centre is a non profit organisation, NPO no: 019-230, and is registered as a section 21 company, registration number 2001/008316/08.
As a registered Child Care Centre, Mohau receives funding from the Department of Social Development for the residential care of the children committed to the Centre and the community based social services. This funding amounts to approximately 65% of the funds required to run the Centre. We rely on donations for the remaining funds. Please contact us if you are able to assist:
Tel: 012 318 6762 / 012 318 6729
Physical Address: Kalafong Hospital, Attridgeville
Mohau renders the following services:
- Permanent or temporary residential care for children committed under the Child Care Act
- Social work services to children and their families
- Facilitating health care services and special therapies
- Services to families of terminally ill children
- Family reunification services
- Foster care and adoption programme
- Child development and skills development programmes
- Assisting children in hospital
- Volunteer programme